When it comes to how to lose weight in your thighs, this is a question that has to do with spot reduction, or targeting a certain area of your body to work on and physically change. You can do this by altering two things, that is the exercises you are doing for your thigh area as well as what type of food you are consuming.
When it comes to the exercises, a couple great exercises you can use to lose fat in your thighs are the machine
- Leg press, which targets your quadriceps and hamstrings, two of the biggest muscle groups in your legs as well as your body in general.
- Leg extensions – This machine targets the quadriceps as well and can be great for toning your thighs.
- Walking Lunges – Doing walking lunges, with or without weight, can be great exercise to use to lose weight in your thighs and legs in general.
- Leg Curls – This machine targets the hamstring complex as a whole and is great for building strong hamstrings which can be great for everyday activities as well as can contribute to eliminating fat in your thighs.
- Adductor and Abductor Machines – This are also referred to as inner and outer thigh machines and they are virtually leg flies. They target the inner and outer thigh allowing you to do spot resistance training on your entire thigh area combined with the exercises mentioned above.
- Tube Walking – This exercises provides a similar style of inner and outer thigh workout as the exercise machine above. Putting a resistance tube or band around your ankles and side walking can provide your inner and outer thighs with a great workout and doesn’t have to be done with any weight.
These exercises can great for sliming down your thighs but you don’t want to leave out your calf muscles, as you want to have good proportion to your legs. So when doing your leg workouts, make sure to throw in a few solid sets of calf raises.
The main thing to keep in mind with all of your leg toning exercises is to keep your repetitions on the high side, around 12-25, and keep the weight you are lifting on the lighter side. This rep and resistance range will keep you in the muscle endurance zone, which will keep you from adding muscle mass at a more drastic rate compared to lifting heavier with lower repetitions.
The more you provide your leg muscle with resistance training, you will create more muscle mass, which the more muscle mass you have in your legs the more fat you will burn around them.
How To Lose Weight In Your Thighs With Nutrition
There are so many diets out there it can be really hard to find the right one for you. Not only this, diets can be dangerous especially if it is one that really keeps in you a low calorie count. You can lose fat in your legs by eating less than what you are eating now. What do we mean by eating less?
Well first off, for three days add up your calorie consumption for the entire day. Once you get the three totals, average the three numbers. This average will be your daily calorie consumption, which you will want to simply eat less than that number to lose weight in your thighs and body in general.
You also want to introduce better foods into your body. Eating foods that are better for you, lean means and vitamin rich vegetables as well as nuts and fruits, can provide your body with the right amount of the essential nutrients it needs to function at its best. This will help your immune system as well as your metabolism function better, which will help you burn more calories as well as providing you with better vitality.
The key to successful weight loss in your thighs as well as body fat reduction in general is to consume less calories than you are currently consuming and do it at a rate in which your body will be able to handle the changes introduced to it. Use moderation, nothing drastic. If you use this approach you will lose weight in your entire body.