TAKING CARE OF OUR HEALTH THROUGH COLD WATER EXTRACTION (CWE)
Many of us are now dependent on painkiller medicines. Most painkillers contain other harmful drugs wherein abuse of use can lead to permanent damage of our liver. But there is a way on how we can treat or prevent our liver from further harm, and that is through CWE or popularly known as Cold Water Extraction. This method can be used to remove paracetamol or acetaminophen, aspirin and ibuprofen which are all very toxic when taken in large doses. These insoluble substances could not be dissolved in cold water while the soluble ones stay dissolves. Solution can be separated through filtration by using clean cloths, napkins or any filtering medium including coffee filter.
The following are the substances that can be extracted using this method:
- Opioid salts (painkiller salts) that are very soluble in cold water;
- Paracetamol is also insoluble in water that portion of the product can be separated through refrigeration;
- Ibuprofen is also insoluble which is capable for a very simple extraction. If it is mixed with Codeine, the latter can be extracted so very easy. Removal of this substance is easier compared to Paracetamol.
Cold Water Extraction is most commonly used with the separation of the following drug combinations: Hydrocodone/acetaminophen, Oxycodone/acetaminophen and Codeine/ acetaminophen medications.
So, what is this CWE is all about? Simply, it is just a method of separating particles that could not be dissolved in cold water and throwing them away so that it will not enter our body. These particles that could not be dissolved are mostly excess substances that are harmful to our liver when taken in large doses may lead to serious side effects. This method is legal and safe. It is highly recommended for those people with liver problems.
CWE can be done in just six simple steps:
(1) Crush tablets or pills into fine powder before putting into ½ or ¾ cup of warm water; for the capsules, just get the powder and pour into the water.
(2) Cool the solution at room temperature to at least 10 to 20 minutes stirring it regularly until it is completely dissolved. Mixture should not be cooled to too quickly, because the nice codeine may be destroyed within.
(3) Put the container/mixture into the freezer until cold for about 20 to 25 minutes, let it sit until it is extremely cold to the touch. Do not let it freeze or ice up
(4) Filter the solution by using a clean cheese cloth, filter paper, coffee filter or even aeropress placed on lid of the glass of the mixture. Use a rubber band to secure the cloth to the lid.
(5) Transfer the mixture by pouring slowly into another cup or glass leaving the undissolved residues in the filtering medium, throw these undissolved particles. Do not pour in too much water and try not to touch the filter as you may damage or break it and have to repeat the filtering procedure again.
(6) Drink the filtered mixture, if tastes bitter add something sweet to taste.
Remember that medicine that passed using CWE method could not be considered pure anymore. This will depend on doctor’s prescription advise. We must always follow doctor’s advice. It will depend on the need of our body though it is considered acceptable and legal.