Every weekend, I have grandiose intentions: I will pack my lunch using whole grain bread and ripe, in-season vegetables and sprinkle some coarse ground pepper on my healthy, delicious meal.
And every morning, I skid bewildered from the coffee pot to the baby, throwing back some caffeine and stuffing something half-heartedly into my mouth because I barely have time to comb my hair.
So, I’ve created a happy medium. I have a cupboard full of healthy snacks that I can pack in my purse and use as lunch in a fix. It’s not ideal, but it’s better than working straight through the day as I tend to do when I have too many projects and not enough time. Here are my top five favorite healthy and convenient snacks. They’re excellent for breakfast, too, in a pinch:
1) Sun Rype Fruit and Veggie Bars — These are tasty and chewy and you’d have no idea that there’s veggies in there. It looks like the brand I’m aware of is only in Canada but I’m sure the US also has something very similar?
2) Cottage cheese and fruit snacks — Delicious, nutritious, and very handy.
3) Packet of whole almonds — They’re high fat, but they pack a punch and make me feel full. I also love the taste. A little goes a long way.
4) REBAR — I love this bar, a blend of 20 veggies and fruits. It took me a couple bars to get used to the texture, and now I love them. They’re vegan.
5) Happy Planet Smoothie — These are fresh, delicious, and will fulfill your craving for fruit. Yum.
What’s your favorite healthy snack?
Author by Kristin Scott